Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Okay, Can you say DISHONEST.....Makes me SO angry

So, I am going to vent. I went to the grocery store today to get a few things for my little family. Now, we are very blessed and don't go without much, but we are no means rich. We have to budget just like everyone else. SO I THOUGHT.
I am in line waiting behind a young mother of two, she is well dressed and her kids look well taken care of. I am getting a little impatient because it is taken her so long to have her food checked out. I observed a little more and realised she has "WICK" checks, and some type of other assistance checks. She is eating better than we are. I thought, "Maybe the state can pay for my food to". I thought Traci, stop thinking that way, maybe she a is single mother or her husband lost his job. I finally got checked out and went to my car.
There the girl was giving a kiss to I assume is her husband in a brand new truck, she walks over to her brand new "Suburban" that was next to my car. What the Heck. If she can afford that car and her husband drives a brand new truck, what the hell is she having the state pay for cereal, cheese etc.
It makes me so mad people like this sponging off the state and totally being DISHONEST. The wrong person is going to see her one day and turn her little family in for an audit and that is going to be a sad day for them. They probably are dodging their taxes to. Maybe I should turn them into the IRS. Hhmmmm
If you can afford to drive a nice car and live in a huge house don't sponge off the state. DISHONEST
SO WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT THIS. ANY SUGGESTIONS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are saying...it makes me so angry. I think there are great programs out there for those that can really use them, but you always have people who "take advantage" of it. I am a honest tax payer and don't want my hard earned money taken advantage of. We are working hard to basically give them food they can pay for. Shad says if you can get a new vehicle and make the payments you can buy your own d&*$ food!

idona jepsen said...

I couldn't agree with you more!!!It is so frustrating when they take advantage of the system and DON"T need it!!!(in case they don't know...it is called "STEALING". guess they don't have a concious.. I would gladly give to the poor, but not when they can afford to drive a NEW car...it's called "downsize".. and live like the rest of us.. what a concept!

Jepsen's